- Exciting Opportunity to manage a Sport Operations team
- Influence the ongoing growth of the sport of Touch
- Vehicle, laptop and mobile phone provided
Touch NZ is made up of around 20 staff, 19 active Provincial Associations, 222 community Touch competitions and an army of volunteers that provide the sport across New Zealand. Their ambition is to be the largest community participation sport in New Zealand. Their mission is to inspire people and connect communities, and their vision is to be “the game for all”.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and focused person to manage their Sport Operations team and influence the ongoing growth of the sport of Touch. This full time role reports to the CEO and is based in the Touch NZ Auckland office, situated at the Trust Arena in Henderson. There is some nationwide travel required at times. A vehicle, laptop and mobile phone is provided with this position.
This role needs a real people-person, who’s an excellent communicator, has empathy and can relate to the diverse range of people who are involved with the sport of Touch. Being calm, composed and able to manage conflict is important, as the successful candidate will also be required to undertake the role of Touch NZ Disciplinary Commissioner at all Touch NZ tournaments. These skills will be key to developing a collaborative, connected, and aligned Sport Operations team and achieving growth of the sport of Touch across New Zealand through the various delivery channels.
Enabling growth will involve elements of strategy, research, analytics and insights, so a numerical aptitude and ability to produce high quality written reports are essential. Given the need to gain buy in from stakeholders, we’re also looking for a real “doer” who is keen be on the ground, getting amongst it all.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Proven staff management and development skills
- Volunteer management and development skills
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills (and the ability to present to groups)
- An appreciation of the sport of Touch and/or understanding of how Touch modules and Touch Provincial Associations operate would be an advantage
- Full drivers licence
- A relevant tertiary qualification is preferred
If you are interested please apply via Seek with your covering letter and CV by 9am Monday, 22 June 2020. For more information or for a copy of the position description please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 021 942 682.