- Take the lead in raising capital for a successful Property Fund
- Assist in raising equity/capital for other specific projects
- Fun and social company culture
Be involved in the continued growth of investors for a leading NZ Commercial Property Company.
Our client presents an opportunity for an Equity Raising Executive to join their team. This is an integral role within the company, one which is responsible in the raising of equity/capital through the company's investors and the public for the various funds the company creates, including leading the company's Property Fund equity raising process.
This role is based in their Auckland office on the top floor with a fun and social company culture.
About the Company
The company is a leading New Zealand commercial property and funds manager. It has built an enviable reputation for reliability and success in property funds management, where it is a recognised market leader in sourcing and structuring property funds, capital raising and asset and property management. The company targets long-term asset performance through a disciplined and diligent approach.
About the Role
Reporting to the Capital Sourcing Manager you will be responsible for:
- Undertaking, marketing and successfully completing the raising of capital for specific projects.
- Leading the raising of capital for the company's property fund and other open-ended funds including, contacting investors and prospective investors by educating them about the investment(s), influencing outcomes, and ultimately successfully converting investment opportunities.
- Leading, marketing and successfully completing the sale of investors' interests through the company's secondary market process and overseeing all re-sale initiatives.
- Assisting in the development, collation and distribution of marketing material including investor EDMs / newsletters to external stakeholders, clients, partners and internal staff to augment the company's presence in the market to create growth in investor base.
- Maintaining and growing strong relationships with investors and prospective investors.
Skills and Experience
This role is perfect for someone who has a proven track record of 3 - 5 years in sales within the property, banking or financial services industry. The ideal candidate will have a relevant tertiary qualification (commerce, property or finance) and be a licenced Real Estate Agent under the REAA 2008 or registered Financial Advisor. You will also need:
- Knowledge and experience in the property sector.
- Strong financial knowledge and understanding of how these relate to investments.
- Understanding of the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Legislation. An understanding of the Financial Markets Conduct Act would be desirable.
- Well-rounded knowledge of property economics and key investment drivers.
- Understand the Customer Due Diligence process and the requirements of the Financial Markets Authority.
Being quick to pick up new processes and systems, strong numerical skills and experience with Salesforce will ensure success in this role.